• World’s 2nd largest country (by area)
  • 36.5 million People in 10 provinces and 3 territories
  • Stable parliamentary democracy
  • High quality of life that is safe and secure
  • Canada is one of the top Organizations for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) countries in spending per student on public postsecondary education
  • Ethnically diverse – Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver are home to large immigrant population
  • Research and development at universities in Canada is conducted at one of the highest rates among OECD and G8 countries
  • Academic programs are offered in English or French, with some institutions offering instruction in both languages
  • Trimester system with admission in September, January, and May

Incredible Facts of Canada

  • You will experience living in one of the most attractive countries in the world
  • You will find a new home, no matter where you are from
  • Your education is the government’s priority
  • You can get a scholarship to go study in Canada
  • Government and University Scholarships
  • Getting your student visa has been made easier

Why Study in Canada?

Canada has been declared the country with the best reputation in the world for the third consecutive year. In addition to taking home the overall title, Canada claimed the number one spot in categories ranging from “best place to live” to “best place to study,” while also ranking high for working, visiting and investing.

Here are some key points-

Qualifications valued around the world: Canada’s high academic standards and rigorous quality controls mean that you’ll be earning a high-quality education that will open doors for your future and benefit your career over the long term.

Advanced Quality Education: The education quality in Canada is one of the major factors in attracting foreign students to their shores. Canada’s high academic standards and rigorous quality controls reflect the high-quality education provided which helps in successful future and benefits one’s career in the long term.

Affordable education: The quality of education and living standards in Canada are amongst the highest in the world, but the cost of living and tuition fees for international students are generally lower than in other countries such as the United States and the United Kingdom.

Healthy and safe communities: While you may have heard of or experienced Canadians’ friendly and open nature, you may not have known that the United Nations consistently ranks Canada as one of the best places in the world to live.

World-class language education: Since teaching French and English as a first and second language is an integral part of a Canadian education, you will be able to improve your fluency and capacity for either language as you further your studies.

Exciting campus lifestyle: Canada’s post-secondary campuses aren’t only wired with the latest in sophisticated technology, but countless other modern amenities as well.

Innovative and abundant research opportunities: Since research is one of the key components of a Canadian post-secondary education, you’ll have ample opportunity to become a part of this vibrant aspect of education. In Canada, government and industry together support research including: telecommunications, medicine, agriculture, computer technology, and environmental science.

Land of possibilities: Under Canada’s highly dynamic and hands-on academic environment, you will not only acquire knowledge and skills in analysis and communication, but you will also learn how to express yourself, demonstrate your creativity, and develop your self-confidence!

What are the Documents required?

  1. Valid Passport (valid for the duration of your studies plus one month)
  2. Photographs (with White background)
  3. A letter of acceptance from a Canadian educational institution confirming name and length of the program, tuition fees, semester for which the admission is valid and last date for registration.
  4. All educational certificates, transcripts, testimonials.
  5. Proof of funds sufficient to cover your tuition and living expenses for your first year of study in Canada.
  6. You must provide a one year statement of transactions from personal bank account(s) (an original certified bank issued statement or a certified copy of passbooks), as well as fixed deposit certificates, savings certificates, PSP certificates or any other proof of savings.
  7. You must also demonstrate that sufficient funds will be available to support yourself during the whole duration of your program.
  8. Confirmation of any scholarship, grant, teaching or research assistantship including name of the providing institution or organization, amount per semester or year and duration.
  9. If some or the totality of your funds are provided by a sponsor (either parents or third party) you must also include:
  10. Notarized declaration of sponsorship. If you have more than one sponsor, a separate declaration must be provided for each sponsor. However, sponsors who are husband and wife can appear on the same declaration.
  11. Details of assets and income for each sponsor with supporting documents such as property documentation, land deeds, rent agreement, business license, business tax information, employment letter with salary information.
  12. You must also provide the income tax forms (tax assessments and tax paid receipts showing total income and amount of income tax paid) for the past two years.
  13. If someone other than yourself or your parents is providing funds you must include:
    1. Letter of explanation as to the reason why this person is assisting
    2. Number of persons living in this persons household
    3. Proof of this persons relationship to you; birth, marriage or school certificates, passport.
    4. Affidavits or self-declarations are not acceptable proof of relationship.
  14. Proof of employment for yourself, if applicable, and your parents (employer’s full name, address, phone number, name of supervisor with his phone number, length of service and salary details).
  15. If you will be attending an educational institution in the province of Quebec you must provide a CAQ (certificate d acceptation du Quebec) from the Government of Quebec.
  16. Your police clearance certificate and your birth certificate
  17. If you are under 18 years of age at the date of your departure for Canada, you must provide a notarized guardianship agreement signed by both your parents/ legal guardian and the person who will be your guardian in Canada.
  18. If a consultant or a legal representative has provided you help to prepare your application or to gather the supporting documents, you should provide the details of this person (name, name of company, address and phone number). If the consultant or legal representative is located in Canada, provide his CSIC number.
  19. Proof of tuition fee payment
  20. Visa application forms
  21. 2 complete photo copy sets of all the above attested and notarized.

What is the Application Procedure?

A student visa is termed as a ‘study permit’ in Canada. Once your admission form is processed and you receive an offer letter from a Canadian institution, you are required to apply for a study permit. Any program that is of more than six months in duration requires the student to apply for a study permit. 

Applicants from Bangladesh must keep the following key documents ready when applying for a study permit:

  • Proof of acceptance
  • Proof of identity
  • Proof of financial support
  • Letter of explanation

The letter of explanation is reserved for those applicants who do not actually need a study permit for visiting Canada. Applicants are advised to visit the Canadian Immigration website for more information.

Intake Procedure

International students are expected to start planning for their studies in Canada 1 year in advance. The major intake for Canada primarily is ‘fall’ i.e. September. The other intake is in the month of ‘winter’ i.e. January, but it depends on the program and the institution. Very few institutes might have the May intake as well.

English Language Requirements

Unless you come from an English-speaking country, Canadian universities will require you to submit proof of English language proficiency. Accepted language tests are:

  • Cambridge English: Advanced

Proof of your language skills is not included on the list of required documents for a Canadian student visa. But it is a good idea to have some proof of English ability, just in case.

Universities We Represent

  • Royal Roads University
  • Thompson University
  • Bandon University
  • University of Manitoba
  • The University of Winnipeg
  • University of New Brunswick
  • Lakehead University
  • University of Prince Edward Island
  • University Regina
  • University of Windsor
  • University of Toronto
  • Saint Paul University
  • Queen’s University
  • Trinity Western University
  • University of British Columbia
  • University of Victoria
  • Seneca College
  • ICM

Accommodation System

Student residence; Dormitories and Town houses: Some institutes provide student resident on campus or near by the campus. Dormitories are usually larger buildings housing many students, while town houses are detached, housing usually 3-6 students.

Off campus shared apartment or Condominium: Off campus shared apartments provide students with a single room, in a living space with one or more other roommates.

Host family or Home stay: Host family is normally provide a private, single occupancy room, and serve one; 3 meals per day and Internet access.

Furnished or Unfurnished Apartment Rentals: There are many secure ways to find temporary furnished apartment rental before student’s arrival in Canada by using website such as Airbnb, HouseTrip, Windu, and Craigslist.

Prices can be varied depending on the location, the condition and time period, however with some prior digging you will find out that Canadians are truly friendly, welcoming and reasonable people to be living with or near to.

  • Low Price Range: $45- $75 CDN
  • Moderate Price Range: $55- $135 CDN
  • Expensive Price Range: $135- $250 CDN

Other Information

Once we get your application, we may ask for more information or documents such as:

Medical information: In most cases, you will need a medical exam. A visa officer will send you instructions if you need one. This may add more than three months to the processing time of your application. Find out more about medical exams.

Security information: If you want to study in Canada, you may have to give us police certificates. This also applies to any family members who:

  • Come to Canada with you and
  • Are 18 years of age and over